Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Should I work or should I not ?

I quit my job and become a full time mother since we moved to Singapore and it was a very last minute decision that I made. Many of my friends and colleagues were surprised when they found out that I quit.Even more surprise that I moved to SG to start a new life after so many years in KL. Yes, to some extent, I have to admit, I am sick of KL's life, sick of the transportation "system" which I doubt if "system" ever exist ? I dread driving in the city where home seems to be so close yet so far when you are stuck in the traffic jam. The list will go on..lets not talk about it for this moment.
To me nothing is more important than spending time with you family. Between career and family, I have chosen the later. I know there is no right and wrong answer, but after 6 months of being a home-maker, I could hear the devil in me whispering, " Lets get back to work. You need a life and you need some time for yourself......"
It is not an easy task to be a full time mother. Working mothers out there, please think twice if you ever thought of giving up your job to become a full time mother. I really take my hat off to mothers of our days where they don't have a maid/ helper, but can still manage to cope with kids and housework so well. They are great ! I could never be one of them.
Now that I know I belongs to the battlefield out there, should I go back ? Knowing that it could be tougher to juggle work and family.......

4 comments:

Angeline said...

Seriously, different people perform best at different roles.

when it comes to decision like this, actually listing the pros and cons down side by side on a piece of paper usually solves such tough questions.

for me, I'll never give up my post as a stay at home mom for anything in the world, because of my background...I won't want history to repeat itself.

Blessed mum said...

You know best...
My hubby always said, "Do what you are good at."
'
I've been working full time till this year when my girl is in P1. Then I became a Part time SAHM. Best of both world but very tiring. But seeing my kids growing so well makes it all worth it.

Don't decide on impulse...take your time to talk over and decide.

sunshine said...

Thanks mommies for your sharing and advice. Really appreciate it. Think I really need to sit down and think through it all over again !Both of you are great. I can see from your kids how much effort the mother has put on them.=)

Mommy said...

Hello, thanks for dropping by my blog.

I just had the same thought last night. Honestly, I was hoping to be at least a part time working mom. That way, I can have time for my family, myself, and also my own circle. But I am not sure if i should because of the commitment we have made :(

 
ss_blog_claim=2540df78933e48575a31cb4fc7c430d0