Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Constipated Rou

Poor baby Rou has been very constipated for the past few weeks ! We can see her straining so hard to push the stool out and the stool was really hard and dry. Brought her to the doctor last week. Rou was prescribed with a bottle of Dhactulose. For the past few days, she was on medication to loosen her stool. Initially it helps but after a few times, the stool went hard again. Worse thing is she is now holding back when she has the urge to poo. When she held back for too long, the stool will eventually become even harder and even tougher to push it out.
I have searched for remedies from the forums and some parents shared that prune juice is rich in fiber. So I am giving it a try. Bought a bottle of prune juice yesterday and I have given Rou 2 tablespoon of the juice diluted in 20 ML of water. She seems to like the juice probably because it is something new to her. Hopefully it will help her to poo easily. Mommies out there, do you have such problem before, mind sharing any tips ?

10 comments:

LHS said...

how about yogurt?

Blessed mum said...

Poor girl...but why dilute the prune juice? Isn't it suppose to drink just like that??

Agree with huisia too..yogurt is another good remedy for constipation.

sunshine said...

huisia,
Thanks for your suggestion, but Yogurt, fruits and vege are already part of her little meal everyday, still doesn't help. Her problem is she tend to hold back her stool until it become harden.
blessed mum,
I diluted the prune juice for a start and still observing whether she can take it or not..just in case it is too strong for her.

Mommy Lose Weight said...

prune juice will help alot, but is better to give it w/o adding water.

my boy used to suffer from it and I give him prune juice every morning. now he is getting better and I dont give him anymore as I add in more fruits in his diet. and oh, warm water!

sunshine said...

Hi Ling, thanks for sharing, how much prune juice did you normally give him ? How old was he then. I am worried if it is ok to give Rou without diluting it. Can her stomach take it?

Mommy Lose Weight said...

I used to give abt 10ml every morning and night. Then when his bowels are getting better, I reduced to only morning.

He was ard 2yo then :)

Btw, would you mind if we could exchange links? :)

Angeline said...

my elder one used to have constipation problem too...what I did was a bottle of water (qty depending on his age) first thing in the morning and made that a habit, now, no more constipation....

that's how I deal with my constipation problem too....

sunshine said...

Ling,
Added your site into my blog list.

Angeline,
Thanks will try. My mom used to tell me let her drink some chilled water, it sometime works but not every time so each time waiting for her poo is like buying lottery=)

Mommy said...

Be careful about prune juice, too much may cause stomach upset too. My daughter has the habit of holding her stool too. She is only doing her big business every 3days. Papaya and yogurt are my rededies. I use prune juice too but only when necessary.

sunshine said...

Mommy,
Thanks for sharing your tips.I will take note of that.

 
ss_blog_claim=2540df78933e48575a31cb4fc7c430d0