Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Mom's recipe of sweet and sour pork


















I really missed my mom when I cooked this dish. Believe it or not, tears rolled down my cheeks when I got it done. Yes, I am home sick again !
What is so different with Mom's recipe. Haha..actually the only difference is there is no onion, no capsicum nor pineapple, just pickled cucumber. It goes well with the meat. Me and my two other siblings love this dish. Each time when mom cooked this dish, we will eat more rice as though we have been starving for years. It is very appetizing especially with the pickled cucumber.

Ingredients:
1 packet of sweet and sour pork meat
3 tablespoon of light soya sauce
1 teaspoon of sesame oil
2 tablespoon of corn flour
Sugar and salt to taste

Seasoning:
6 tablespoon of tomato sauce
3 tablespoon of chili sauce
1 tablespoon of white vineger
2 tablespoon of sugar

Steps:
1. Marinate the pork meat for about 15 minutes
2. Heat wok and fry the meat until the colour turned brownish
3. Mix the seasoning well and heat it up for about 3-4 minutes
4. Toss in all the meat and pickled cucumber, quick fry for 3-4 minutes
5. Ready to serve.

Note: Pickle cucumber is very easy to prepare. Just slice cucumber into equal thickness, rub with a bit of salt. Pour some water over it and drain well. Add in vinegar and sugar as per your taste and also some chili. Let it settle for half an hour, and it is ready to serve.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice dish! very hungry~
Thanks for sharing with us.

Blessed mum said...

thanks for sharing all your mommy's secret recipe!

Just tag you on "Flame of Friendship" on my blog.

sunshine said...

Don, blessed mum,

Haha...thats the whole purpose of writing a blog right? I am glad to have you as my readers too !

LHS said...

wow, looks so yummy!

 
ss_blog_claim=2540df78933e48575a31cb4fc7c430d0