Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sweet corn soup

I am so into cooking recently. While I can still remember the recipe, I think I better record it some way. Rou is very picky on her food. She no longer likes her baby food. I stop cooking her porridge before she turned one since she would never finish even half a bowl of her porridge. And yes, we have been feeding her adult's food. So whatever served on the dining table she will have a share.
Today, I am going to cook her soup since she loves it so much. I am not sure whether this combination is right. I saw it somewhere in the TV ad. Do tell me if there is anything I should add in. But so far, it tastes quite right and most important, Rou will finish her rice each time she has this soup.
Here's the recipe:

Ingredient
2 sweet corns chopped into 4 pieces each
1 carrot chopped into pieces (1.5 inch)
6 red dates to add the sweetness of the soup
1 chicken leg (peel off the skin so that the soup will not become too oily)
2 bowls of water

Steps
Boil the water. Once water is boiled, put in the chicken leg, wait until it is cooked and add in the rest of the ingredients. Boil for 10-15 minutes and transfered to a slow cooker an cook for another 3 hours.

9 comments:

晓丽 Siaw Lee said...

Mmmm just the soup I like. Your baby and I have same taste yo ;) Why not add some potatoes, it's good nutrition too.

sunshine said...

Good idea, shall try that next time.

Chinneeq said...

see your corn soup also beh tahan liao! yummy yummy!!

sunshine said...

Hey mummy to qiqi, welcome to my blog. Do cook some for Qiqi. Think she will like the soup.Sweet corn is one of the irresistible food for kids !

Blessed mum said...

My kids love this soup too! The corn and carrot makes the soup so sweet, yum yum!

shall we exchange link?

sunshine said...

Hi blessed mum, never know it is such a popular soup, almost every family knows how to cook it, seems like I am the only one who knows about it recently,shame on me...haha
Exchange link, yeah, why not..i m one of your feed subscriber you know ? But pls bear with me..m in the process of compiling the list..:)You will see changes in my blog gradually. ...

LHS said...

I put water chestnut (马蹄)and sometimes also "fung lut" too. The soup very yummy, and also cooling the heaty too.

btw, thanks for dropping by my blog :)

sunshine said...

Wow,thanks for sharing huisia, think I should put more water chestnut. I am a super heaty person.

Angeline said...

Ohhhhhh that has been my favourite soup since I was a kid and now its my kids favourite too!

(saw my site on your blog list -Thank you. Added your site to mine too)

 
ss_blog_claim=2540df78933e48575a31cb4fc7c430d0