Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Curry Chicken Recipe

I love spicy food. Curry, Tom Yam, Asam Laksa, whatever hot and spicy. After the episode of searching for Nasi Lemak wrapped in banana leaf, I now believe that the best cuisine will only come from my own kitchen. Not that I am a super chef, but seriously, who knows your taste bud apart from your own self ?
So, I decided to cook my own curry chicken. Perhaps you can try it out one day to see if we have the same sort of taste bud, haha....

Ingredient - A:
6 cloves of garlic
5 pieces of shallots
5 pieces of dried chili (soak in water to soften it)
2 Lemon grass stalks ( chopped into small pieces)

Ingredient - B:
0.5 kg chicken meat ( chopped into 1.5 inch each piece)
2 table spoon of curry powder
2 stalk of curry leaves
2 bowls of water
3 potato cut into pieces (not too small)

Ingredient - C :
0.5 small packet of coconut milk, dilute it with some water
1 teaspoon of sugar and 1 teaspoon of salt to taste


Step by step....
1. Blend ingredient A well.
2. Heat up the wok and pour in 5 table spoons of oil.
3. Fry ingredient A and curry leaves until fragrant and add in chicken meat and curry powder.
4. Once the chicken meat is tender, add in 2 bowls of water, add in potato.
5. Add sugar and salt to taste. Stir well and cook for another 10 -15 minutes.
5. Add in coconut milk and cook for another 15- 20 minutes.
6. Ready to serve

and here goes the end result.....






According to my mom, the secret for good curry chicken lays with the garlic. So never cook curry chicken without garlic. It really makes a difference !








Rice, anyone ?

6 comments:

Beverly's Secret said...

Ohh~~ You can really cook nice curry!!

p/s: I don't have the Jerk Chicken recipe! I'm so sorry...

sunshine said...

haha...my mom was surprised to find out I did cook curry. Thanks for dropping by. Treat you chicken curry if you visit me in SG.=)
Don't worry bout the recipe.I m just trying my luck ;P

晓丽 Siaw Lee said...

Look delicious! I haven't got any curry chicken for a long time. And can't have any for quite some time now, sob sob...

sunshine said...

Come visit me. I will also treat you, haha...

晓丽 Siaw Lee said...

Yeah why not, I shall let you know and pay you a visit when I go Singapore ;)

Angeline said...

Hey this cooking style is very similar to my 'chief' cook - my MIL! The only difference is that she got put in a secret recipe which she doesn't even tell me! - her apprentice!

 
ss_blog_claim=2540df78933e48575a31cb4fc7c430d0