Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

I've got the job !

Just as blessed mum asked when will the result be out, I received a call from the HR manager this morning. Yippie ! I got the job. I was too excited and immediately accepted the offer without second thought. Yes, cannot deny the fact that I was too desperate for a job ! Anyway, there will be a long list of to-dos after this.
1. Collect the employment letter and go for medical check-up
2. Find an infant care centre for Rou (Already have a few in mind, just need to confirm if vacancy is available)
3. Shop for work clothes (Haha... thats what I have been waiting for)
4. Open an account ( Otherwise, how to get paid? )
5. Familiarize with driving in Singapore ( Last in the list but top priority)

No. 5 will be the most challenging ones for me as I really dread driving in Singapore. First of all, I have no sense of directions, imagine I can get lost in the wet market which my husband find it ridiculous..haha..thats me. Secondly, my parking skill is horrible. I banged my car to the lamp post once in my faculty where there was no other cars around in the car park. Since then, I have phobia doing reverse parking.
Hope there will still be time to blog a little, read a little and sleep a little...

9 comments:

Mommy Lose Weight said...

congrats to u!! :)

Chinneeq said...

congrats to you, dear :) sometimes i wish to go out, freeing myself from all the madness at home to work again too.

Mommy said...

Congratulations! Leaving Rou at day care would be something difficult for you?

Blessed mum said...

Congratulations!! Time for some champagne erh?!

just some tips from a kapo mom, u better settle Rou's day care 1 week before u actually starts work. Be prepared to spend the first 3 days with her at the day care...this will ease the tension and stress.

Good luck and hope to hear more of your juicy story.

sunshine said...

Thanks everyone. Yeah, sending Rou to day care is the last thing I would want to do but think of it positively it is good for her to develop he social skill and be more independent.
Blessed mum,
Thanks for your tips. I am sending her there next Monday, starting with half day.I know it is going to be a tough process, reading your posts of sending Nic to child care really was of great help to me as I know what to expect and get prepared for the emotional moments. Thinking of it already make my tears well up my eyes....

Angeline said...

Congrats!!!

Administrator said...

congrats!...how long have you left the workforce for?...have a good start!!..thanks for dropping by my blog...hope to see you more often! take care

Administrator said...

ha..i am hopeless in driving too...i have a legal licience..but have not driven for donkey years haha

sunshine said...

Hi Contentedmom,

It has been half a year since I left the corporate world. Hope it won't take me too long to adapt to the working life again ! Thanks for your wishes !

 
ss_blog_claim=2540df78933e48575a31cb4fc7c430d0