Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Living in Singapore - Episod 2

A lot of my friends asked me what are the major differences between living in Malaysia and living in Singapore. Well, after living here for a few months, let me share with you some of my experiences and some jokes (only if you find it funny).
1. Zebra crossing
In Malaysia, whether there is zebra crossing or not, before we cross the road, we will make sure there is no car / bikes. If we see from far there is one, we will stop and let the car drive through far away then only we cross ? Right ? Well, in Singapore, all vehicles will slow down and stop when they see pedestrian crossing the road. I was such a fool when I first came here. I stop at the zebra crossing was waiting to see the taxi drive off, but he seems to wait for me to cross. We both stared at each other until he has to wave me off. It was such an embarrassing moment.

2. Toll house and ERP
In Malaysia, we have so many tolls but i couldn't find one in Singapore until one day I tell my hubby, "Singapore is such a generous country, they don't build tolls to burden their citizen and my hubby had a good laugh and tell me :"Darling, we just paid one. In Singapore, they don't have space to build it on the road, thats why they build it on top. See... smile at the camera up there..."
So stupid me, just keep quite.....
In case you are wondering how the ERP gantry looks like, here's a pic from Wikipedia :
ERP stands for Electronic Road Pricing. It is an electronic road toll collection system. Each vehicle in Singapore has to install a device call In-vehicle Unit (IU). When a vehicle drives pass the ERP gantry, the sensor will deduct the toll fee from the cashcard installed in the IU device.

1 comment:

Blessed mum said...

gagaga....Welcome to our city!

U r real funny!

 
ss_blog_claim=2540df78933e48575a31cb4fc7c430d0